Monday, March 30, 2009

Third day at work

Today I sneaked at lunch and went home to see baby G. I got there just in time to see him finish eating and rocked him to sleep. Leaving for work knowing that I'll have to stay an hour longer to make up for lunch sucked.

Looks like I'll be able to work four 10 hr days and stay at home on Friday and Saturday while hubby is working. He gets to stay home with him Monday through Thursday. I'd be lying if i didn't say I'm jealous but between the two of us I am the one who absolutely has to keep a full time job. I am trying to learn to take satisfaction in things that are not as much fun as holding him or feeding him but that are just as important: providing financially, providing insurance and good health care, etc. Still, sometimes it doesn't make being at work any easier. Thankfully for most of the time I get distracted enough with work however that my heart doesn't just break in half thinking about how much I'd rather spend time with him than in front of a monitor.

3 comments:

  1. It's really, really hard now, but I promise it will get a little bit easier. When the hormones settle and you start getting more sleep, you may even enjoy being able to work - it gives you some perspective and space, and I think you enjoy the baby time even more (if possible!).

    Hopefully the work politics aren't too harsh. And good luck with the ultrasounds, as if you didn't have enough to worry about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't tell how hormonal I am but getting more sleep will definitely help.

    Thank you for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. (Meant to write this on Monday)--I think it's great that your husband is able to be with him Mon thru Thurs. Somehow I don't think you're a fan of Dr. Phil, haha, but I am and he always says the same sex parent is the most important influence so that will be good for your son.

    ReplyDelete