Tuesday, March 31, 2009

On our own

Mom left today. In about 23 hours, 3 flights and a 6 hour drive she will be home and 23 hours away from us. After all the anxiety I felt about her coming here and the first couple of weeks filled with disagreements the rest of the time was very pleasant and now I wish she didn't have to leave. I already miss not having her here. Although all the cleaning and cooking was nice it has more to do with the fact that this was the first time we had a chance to spend time together and connect. When I was home she was always working and since I have moved here we've never spent more than a few days together and even then it was with a bunch more people. It's been nice and I'm looking forward to having her come back in a few months.

Today I also had my 6 week post partum check and everything seems to be back to normal. I'll be seeing my midwife for my yearly in December so we parted with a hug as to seal the end of this journey we took together. She has been amazing.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chris, It was fun getting together with you last week. That is great that you had such a good time with your mom and that she'll be able to come back in a few months. Also good news that your check-up went well! I hugged my doctor, too, the last time I saw her in Sept (and then sent her a Christmas card). I think there is an unbreakable bond forever with the person who delivers your child (if it's a positive experience), especially if it's a long time with them! I told my doc she better not go anywhere before I get pregnant with #2!

    ReplyDelete