Wednesday, November 17, 2010

How dare I let them?!?!

I am pissed off! Why? Because the world is fucking evil and it has no soul. And, most of all, because I let its commentary on my choices and my life affect me.

Got to daycare 15 minutes late yesterday .. fancy daycare ..local daycare in beautiful brick building .. great programs, healthy food .. flipping expensive at $1200/mo .. and was threatened that next time we're late if they can't reach us by phone - i did call back 5 minutes after they called and i didn't hear the phone - they will call child services to pick Mr. G. up. Child services??? If it wasn't for the wonderful teachers at this school and the fact that it would be impossible to find a spot at an equally good school mid-semester I would be withdrawing him immediately. How can I trust an institution who treats my child like inventory?

Anyway .. a number of executives will be receiving a very angry piece of mail in the next couple of days.

I'm gonna go run my anger away now.

Bastards!!

4 comments:

  1. I wrote a scathing retort about how I didn't think that was even legal, and how enraged I am, but the internets ate it. So, um, sorry. And seriously, can't we put the kids' interests first for once?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a frivolous and dangerous threat. Morons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!!!! We are starting Logan in preschool in Feb or March and one of my questions to them was "do I have to have him there by a certain time" because as a stay at home mom I don't like to wake him up if he (on rare occasions) sleeps in (when that happens I feel his body needs that and I don't want to cause him to get sick) so if any of them had said "yes" then they would have been off my list! Fortunately, they all said "no," I can bring him whenever as long as I don't mind paying for the full day still and him missing breakfast there or whatever (I can feed him at home). Child services seem very extreme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, we have to take him in by 9am otherwise i need a doctor's note - as parents are not to be trusted - to be allowed in the building. That's how most preschools are around here because of the high demand, etc.

    ReplyDelete