Monday, July 6, 2009

Cravings .. for real!

WTF? Cravings like pregnancy cravings. Probably stress.

Please to provide perfectly steamed artichoke with lemon rind, butter and wine dip juices for my pleasure. k thx.

Andrea, you're totally right, I highly advised you not to use a walker but we've succumbed. We went to Babies'R'Us and got this walker. To 'test' it we put some shoes on the little and put him in. Insta-smile and kicking. The more he wanted to come towards me the further away he got backwards. It was hilarious. We dropped the $60 and got it.

Mistress La Spliffe, if you see this, i would need to start a whole new blog to adequately respond to the comment about "institutionalization". I might write a book instead. The more entranced I've become in what my career is currently the less options I've felt were available to me. Also a lyric came to mind when I read it "You don't like the system but you're fighting to keep it". I forget who that is however.

5 comments:

  1. I sympathize like an institutionalized madwoman bruised by her golden straitjacket which just seems to get more and more ornate the more she struggles these days. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walkers are NOT the end of the world or OMG HE'LL NEED HIP SURGERY WHEN HE'S TWO. Jelly and my nanny's baby are both starting to walk just fine, and they both hung out in walkers, exersaucers, jolly jumpers, and rowing machines. Ok, maybe not that last thing. But seriously, if he's happy? Why mess with that?!

    You need to do more Craigslist shopping though, you totally could've got one for like $10. I love the CL. Going to go look right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty bad like that .. should have totally tried CL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and he loves it .. after just two days he's strong enough the 4 month and 3 week old baby stands for about a minute or so on his own! This dude will be walking in 2 months or something crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was always too lazy to do the CL too. I did the excersaucer, but not the walker, there were WAY too many open stairs in our home. Our nanny who watched our youngest at her place had one and my youngest loved it. She of course, had a door to her basement stairs, so nothing to worry about. Sometimes, it's worth it to spent the extra $$ and not think about it.

    ReplyDelete