Sunday, July 11, 2010

Still in a slump ..

that about sums it up. Had a great weekend but my impossible deadline looms. Hate Monday night deadlines because they force you to work during the weekend. Or at least feel like crap if you don't do any work. This weekend however I haven't done any work. I've decided that until Mr. G. goes to bed tonight I won't. Instead we hung out with friends yesterday morning, different friends in the afternoon, this morning went to the farmer's market and this afternoon hanging out with another toddler and his mommy, maybe go swimming. Any other time I'd fight the blahs with a kick ass menu for the week which would set us back about $300 .. but now, I'll be lucky if I get to make the zucchini cheddar biscuits recipe I found yesterday. I don't have the extra $ in the weekly grocery budget anyway so it wouldn't matter but at least I'd relish in the possibility. Mmm... relish!

Maybe I should start a food blog .. maybe that would motivate me. There's a shelter near by I'd love to volunteer at but I never have the time before 7pm to do anything. Maybe I could work a part time job as a bartender .. do you need schooling for that? I could devise an alter ego, maybe a goth alter ego .. no, a more approachable alter ego. One that falls more in line with current trends. That could be fun. I think one of my most favorite jobs ever was working part time in college at the library, restocking returned books. It gives you a lot of time to think, and peruse books otherwise you'd never touch on subject matters you've never heard of. Does the library of congress need part-timers?

Been so stressed lately I wake up with heartburn every morning. It gets worse throughout the day. Gets better when I get home. So i ingest a lot of rolaids. Today I couldn't really tell the difference between which kind of pain i was feeling so I went through the checklist: hunger? thirst? nope .. heartburn. After 4 sandwiches, 1/2 gallon of water and many pee breaks later I succumbed to the all reliable rolaid. Did you know tums contains aluminum in small amounts? I switched to rolaids when I was pregnant because of that.

I'm blabbering .. it's therapeutic. Sitting down, thinking of random things and typing helps. I found lately to be getting really annoyed at dear hubby when he spoke. Then I realized it's because I don't have time to day dream or just let my mind wonder so in the few moments when we're not being screamed at by Mr. G. if he chooses to say something that is not invaluable information I get pissed. "I was just about to have a 10 second brain break followed by 30 seconds of thoughts. Shut up!!!" Whenever I have a split second of processing available I think of work or household related stuff. I have so many other thoughts I don't get to explore but only a one track mind. I've become a horrible multi-tasker .. something I probably won't bring up in my next job interview.

1 comment:

  1. It was great talking to you yesterday! Thank you for the flattering comment about Logan on my blog over the weekend, LOL. I hope your stress subsides soon and your heartburn goes away - yuck!

    ReplyDelete