Sunday, July 4, 2010

Wow .. it's been 6 months

We've moved. Yes!! Mr. G. has quite a few new teeth (dealing with the molars now, at 16 months), still not talking, still gorgeous. Work is even more stressful now .. or rather, the new boss is more stressful than the old boss. I still can't fit into my old clothes, not that I'm doing anything about it and .. that's pretty much it. Other than the moving an otherwise uneventful half a year.

Today we went to a 4th of July party at another couple's place (they have a toddler) and another couple was invited (they too have a toddler). Moral of the story: never have more than 2 toddlers per party. We were all dizzy when it was over. Especially because the other invited toddler hit and slapped Mr. G. and his buddy repeatedly. Mr. G. decided he had enough, closed the door to the room they were playing in and slapped him. The kid cried for like 10 minutes straight. I know .. I know .. I'm a proud mama. Especially for closing the door. I mean, hello?! Plausible deniability! Brilliant!

So I worked yesterday and am working today and tomorrow despite being a "long holiday weekend". Sad thing is I don't really care .. I'm so stressed about getting all this work done I don't care. And I should. Because I have a few recipes I want to try, about 427 books that I should have read by now, a book I want to write, a fashion house I'd like to start, a restaurant I'd like to open, a lot of different things I want to do with Mr. G., oh yeah, and the idea of scrapbooking sounds very interesting. But I'm exhausted and at the end of the day I am just happy I've survived it, Mr. G. was read to and most likely bathed and hopefully had a little food too. If the dishes are done and I have clean clothes for the next day I'm in heaven. No wonder I've become so down and with such little will to accomplish anything .. my highest achievable goals have become mundane. The loss of my self-confidence of 10 years ago makes me weep.

Ok, that's a depressing ending. Here's a happier one: today I had the most scrumptious home made white peach cobbler ever created. Yes, that is a happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. It took me 4 years to get back into my old clothes... good for you on staying busy. And good for Mr G on shutting the door. What a smart cookie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Gregory, learning young, haha! I'm sorry work has been stressful. . .Joe had been stressed since the beginning of this year until your old boss was "removed" now life is better for him and everyone he works with (hopefully no one you used to work with reads this, lol, if so delete my comment :p) so maybe if you had stayed it would have been more stressful here!

    ReplyDelete