Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blubber

How in the world did I end up 10 lb lighter after giving birth than I was pre-pregnancy but with 10 times as much blubber? Seriously! I have this party to go to on Saturday and I've been looking forward to it because 1) we've made very few friends in this city and 2) the friends we have don't throw parties. Unfortunately out of the 4 stores I went to I only found one dress I liked and I look like crap in it .. due to the blubber. And I want to feel pretty damn it!

3 comments:

  1. fat is lighter than muscle. after having kids, your body changes significantly. even when i was severely underweight from all my treatments, i still couldn't fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes my hips and ribs are so much wider than when i was in my 20s. also, nothing EVER fit me correctly postpartum. I think the closest I was able to find was in the maternity dept at the Gap, using their antime line.

    i feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TELL ME ABOUT IT. I am now 14 freaking pounds less than when I got pregnant, but feel fatter than ever. It's the B&B (butt and belly), I swear. I think every new mother should receive a complimentary tummy tuck 6 months post-baby.

    ReplyDelete