Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Stoked

.. or spazzy from the caffeine.

Bubu got a clean bill of health .. hurrah! .. and we are totally broke. Boo! The fact that hubby's car broke and we had to replace the transmission AND the timing belt in the tune for almost $4000 did not help the situation especially since we both took time off from work and hubby doesn't work full time anymore. This should teach us to put extra money in a savings account instead of stuffing it all into the 401k. So the etsy idea is becoming more and more appealing. Maybe I will surface from anonymity and shamelessly plug my goods.

Also, I'm trying to get hubby to tweet baby happenings .. how much food, when, where they are, etc. Might sound lame but it would save a lot of phone time. Plus I ask the same questions every day. I would be able to be with them .. virtually and would maybe make him feel less alone, not that I've heard him complain about that.

3 comments:

  1. go for etsy! it really sucks about the car... we have the same situation every 6 months. it's almost not worth having a second car.

    in the long run, you'll be grateful for having the 401k. easier said than to feel. i'm not much of a help, but i'll certainly root for you with etsy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As anti-Twitter as I am, I LOVE to read tweets about baby statuses. I think he should totally do that - it would give you a connection, and something to look forward to when you got out of yet another crappy meeting. Go, hubby, go!

    No money is the worst. I reget every stupid cute summer outfit I bought for Jellybean now that I'm broke. Why can't we just be rich and not have to worry, is that so much to ask?
    I would totally find friends to buy your etsy stuff though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. guiltynoodles: that's why we want to move to a city with better public transportation.

    jellybean mama: yeah .. no money sucks but your jellybean looks so adorable in all those pics :) Love the outfit in the firetruck picture.

    ReplyDelete