Friday, August 19, 2011

It's a secret ..

.. for now, but not for very long because I'm showing like I'm 3-4 months already although I'm only 5 weeks. That's right .. baby #2 (and last) is on her way. I am an environmental disaster, I know, creating little humans who trash and abuse this world just like their parents and grandparents. But my little offsprings will also be working while our retirement investments mature ensuring the continued profitability of the companies we've bought stock in. Not to speak of the those little tax-payers as a vehicle for continued social programs. So if I see one more disapproving look from some stranger passing by I'm going to get in their face and tell them they should kill themselves now because without these little cute terrors in our lives there would be no future. And I don't mean that in a metaphorical sense .. it's as practical as it gets. Bastards!

We're one week from our trip to the Old Country and Italy which really are so alike they could be one and the same. We're going to Italy because I have a friend there and because we found cheap tickets otherwise I would have preferred Austria or Spain or Morocco but this will be nice and relaxing. I heard Cinque Terre is beautiful. I really wish I would have gotten pregnant after this trip so I could eat and drink to my heart's desire but of course things didn't work out that way. Protection shmrotection!

But things are great! I am totally manic depressive nowadays (seemingly normal) one day I want to die and the next I'm in lala land. And although I've lost weight my belly popped out enough that I'm already in pregnancy pants.. and trying to keep this from people. Fail.

As a consequence I went shopping. Returned with mostly dark clothes but I have a couple of light ones in there, some stripes (I wonder where I got that idea) and one pair of shorts although I went to get jeans and only jeans. In fact I bought the most random selection of clothes ever and it was possibly the most expensive shopping trip I've ever had which doesn't say much because I rarely go shopping and even then it's for a couple of things on sale. But now I feel all fashionable and slightly less boring. The high heels I bought a couple of weeks ago but haven't worn yet are going back and I'm swapping them for arch support flats because my back hurts now. Which reminds me .. have you seen the models in those maternity adds for Motherhood and Pea in the pod with perfect posture and wearing 4 inch heels? I have a sudden desire to flog one of them.

2 comments:

  1. And artificial bellies too, I have no doubt. I would ask who would be daft enough to wear something as impractical as 4 inch heels whilst pregnant, but at the moment I'm in the Northern Ontario home-of-the-smoking-pregnant-woman so I'll just sigh instead. Felicitations!

    ReplyDelete