Wednesday, August 17, 2011

More color please ..

I am a dark brown/black/gray person. Have always been even though I sort of hate it. I guess it's easier to speak as much about disappointment with the world as I do when you wear dark colors. But then I see myself in the mirror and get instantly pissed. Then decide I need more colorful clothes, go to the store, happilyreturn, open the bag and realize I have once again purchased something black, gray or dark brown. Fuck me!!

So today I saw on Fab this bracelet which totally captivated me. Captivated me enough to overlook it was going to cost close to $30 including shipping. But then of course I decided it was way too bold. What would I wear it with? Black? I'm not willing to stand out that much. Plus, don't you have to be in your 20s (somebody's gonna slap me) to wear bright colors? Probably not but I feel like an old old lady nowadays what with the energy vampire toddler and the lack of sleep and whatnot. Plus colorful stuff just looks fake on me .. kind of like if I were trying to pull off a frilly dress or really anything too girly. I want to feel comfortable in stuff like that but
just can't feel myself pulling it off. I usually end those visits to the dressing room with tears in my eyes from laughing my ass off.

So I didn't get the red which I sort of regret now. Instead I got this one (partly) made from cork which is really not that bland (yay me!).

Ok so I lied .. now that I'm glancing at my closet I do have more colors but they're all earth-toned and dark. Same difference.

This is all stuff from The Brooklyn Bakery jewelry store btw but for the life of me I can't find either their location or their store or a website.

5 comments:

  1. Try Marimekko. It's just this side of clown costumes and will throw you into a world of colour all at once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I think it totally looks like you and also is colorful. But I've never thought of you as bland anyway! When you have such a great personality you don't need to distract others with bold colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Andrea You're so sweet! thank you .. that actually makes me wonder if i shouln't wear bold colors just to distract from this personality sometimes :P

    @Jessica you were not kidding about "this side of clown costumes" :) I could go for their "just this side of mime constumes" (stripped shirts, etc) Some of their dresses are very nice though (the Arlene one I would totally go for). What did you end up getting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A dress that was on sale from an older collection, Rosmariini. Orange, yellow, white and pink, oh dear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Jessica I hope you post a pic on your site .. at least of the fabric.

    ReplyDelete